(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Unwelcome Return of the Rat King

.


.

     I did this entire drawing in brown ink, before I actually realized it. Normally, pure brown ink is a little too faint, and a little too…what is the word?… "bleedy". If you try to put white over pure brown ink the brown bleeds right up through it. It's more of a dye than an ink. 

     But if you mix it with a bit of black india ink- beautiful! (and it lays down better too). 

     Because I wasn't paying attention, this one ended up in pure brown, so to darken it up for the inter-webs I did a bit of contrast/saturation work. But I didn't DRAW it on the computer (or draw any digital "fixes"). It's true pen and ink, mistakes and all. 

.

No comments:

Post a Comment