(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Smithery

.



.

Here is a piece that I did last weekend when it was WAY too hot to be doing artwork. Hot as the iron upon devil-troll's anvil. 

It's my usual madness: Brown ink mixed with black, washes, white Cel-Vinyl highlights. 

Going dark is always hard with washes. I don't know why I keep doing it to myself. I should start with black paper and work up from there with lighter and lighter whites. It would be easier for everybody, and probably yield a better result. 

Or I could be like everybody else on the interwebs, and toss all traditional art media out the window so that I can make yet another too-bright, too-slick painting in the digital realm ("pah-tooie!"). 

I tease. Those kids are happy doing their thing, I'm happy doing mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment