(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Summers End

.


.

I'm back at my own kitchen table again. Back from a wonderful fun time with my parents and sister at Sunriver Oregon. 

I did this one sitting on the Western bank of the Deschutes river, early in the morning as the sun was coming up. I found a sunny spot on a log (it's COLD there, in the mornings) and set myself to work. 

I heard some people walking by, which didn't really startle me since they weren't exactly walking quietly. But when they were right next to me they turned out not to be people at all but three mule deer, including a late summer fawn that was just starting to lose it's spots. 

One of them paused and looked at me (or maybe at my drawing). Then they all continued walking off to do whatever it is that deer do out there. 

Needless to say, on the Los Angeles trains and public-space benches where I do most of my drawing, there aren't a whole lot of deer strolling around in front of me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment