(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Monday, November 26, 2012

Silver Cat Food

.



.


     "My daddy was poor and uneducated, but he worked hard. We all did. He would wash dishes, sweep floors, we'd ALL pick cotton,  and occasionally put my sister and me out on the street to sing hymns about the sweet baby Jesus. We were just scruffy moppets, but we must have looked pretty cute, because we always made some money."

*

     I mostly use high quality acid-free paper for this stuff, but this idea came to me at work, and I grabbed a sheet of yellow notecard stock to doodle out the rough idea. But then I figured I'd never achieve that loose, casual layout ever again, so I laid the ink and white highlights right on top of it. 

     That cheap notecard stock is probably 100% acid-treated wood pulp, and in 100 years it'll turn to dust. But it lives for now, and if I get it professionally shot, the digital version could live forever, maybe. 



.

No comments:

Post a Comment