(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Wave

.


.



     Ah, look at that. The two nice things about these vertical images is that 

     1) On my blog, I can post them as EXTRA LARGE. So that the vertical edges stretch almost all the way over to sides of the blog page. 

     2) The vertical format takes up alms the entire screen of my iPhone so there aren't big blocks of black on the top and bottom, and a small-ish image in between. So if I'm handing my phone to somebody ("I do this type of art") it represents well on the screen. 

.

     I know I could just turn my Moleskine book sideways, and suddenly do a long horizontal format. But eventually I want to make short little YouTube videos of my hands flipping through the pages of my sketchbook, like the ones that I've seen, and I always kind of find it jarring when suddenly there's an image that you have to bend your head to look at. 

     These are individual works of art, but they are also a book. I find it jarring in regular books too, when the printer goofs up and there is a page in the book that is upside down, or sideways or out of order or something. It looks sloppy and careless. 

     So, I gave myself that limitation. No images included that you have to tilt the book (or screen) to see it's horizontal layout. 

.

     I can think of an exception: If I did an entire book in the Horizontal format. That would be okay. So that the viewer could turn the book once, at the very beginning and flip through it from bottom to top for the entire book. Or the camera could be set up once that way and not have to turn. That would be more respectful to the viewer, I think. 

.


No comments:

Post a Comment