(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Hand Crank

.


.

     Oh my busy life. When will you give me some time to do art? [or, looked at another way: "When will I stop piling so many things onto my schedule?"]. 

     At any rate, this is my "little" sketchbook. It's a Moleskine sketchbook with the thick paper, but it's the little 6-inch one that I sometimes carry inside my jacket, with an abbreviated pencil case that is almost as small. My theory here is that if I have a smaller sketchbook, I will do smaller and simpler drawings. And thus, save time.

     Last week I got into trouble making a couple of really huge, ornate, 100-miles-of-linework type of drawings, and then I was struggling to come up with some little spot drawings for the rest of the week. Don't get me wrong- I LOVED those fancier pieces! But they were for a high school kid, or a retired person, or somebody who is independently wealthy and has a lot of time on his hands. Not for dad with a full time job and a house to take care of. Or maybe I just need to get the smaller spot drawings done first? Then I won't feel the heat when I want to do something elaborate…I would be able to stretch it over two or three days. 

     Maybe that's next week's experiment. In the meantime: Little sketchbook experiment. 

.


No comments:

Post a Comment