(Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!)

Bad Art Created With Cheap Office Supplies!

Friday, July 20, 2012

Love Birds


.

My daughters tell me that I need to start writing actual words on my blog. And even though this sounds like even more work, I know that they're right. So from now on I'm going to try to write little blurbs about these drawings.


This one I started a few nights ago, about 9:00pm on the kitchen table. My youngest daughter "wanted to draw something with me". She knew that daddy was too tired to do much else, and that daddy just wanted to go to bed, but there was one activity that she could get me to do :)

I finished it up early yesterday morning at a kind of "lunch table" down at the Los Angeles Union Station. As it was early (around 6:30), the tables still had the "bike lock" cables that kept people from stealing the chairs, but I sat down anyway and got out my painting stuff. There is a fountain there, which is a handy place to obtain a little rinse-out water for my brushes. 

I picked a spot off in the corner where fewer people would wander over to strike up a conversation. I love working in the hustle and bustle of a crowded place, but I don't like people coming up and disrupting me with their brain teasers ("How did your inner mind learn how to draw like that?  My daughter is a good drawer too, she lives in San Antonio, do you know her? How long does that take if you stand on your head? What part of the bible do you get your ideas from? How do they make corn silk paper?" People are very strange).

Pretty soon the janitor lady started to make a big show about unlocking all of the chairs and tables. So I moved to the side to give her room. "Am I in your way?". She gave me a tight grin and went about her business. No english for this one, but I figured that I probably was. So I gathered up my stuff and made my way to the #4 platform. 

I also did my instinctive reach for my phone to see what was on offer (the default setting of every strap hanger: "What's on my phone?"). And, on Facebook there was a personal message from my boss, Dan Povenmire: "Good morning Bernie. You are now an Emmy nominated writer". And an attached link to the emmy site. 

Cool. 


No comments:

Post a Comment